Cambridge GaN Devices (CGD) bring to customers Gallium Nitride (GaN) transistors with significantly higher switching frequency, lower losses and lower on-resistance than the most commercially successful silicon alternatives. Using GaN as the main semiconductor and growing this on a silicon substrate, combined with a suite of proprietary technical innovations, provides CGD with a number of competitive advantages:
• CGD GaN transistors are extremely reliable even at the highest frequencies
• CGD GaN technology enables both smaller transistors and associated circuitry
• High efficiency operation and reduced cooling requirements significantly reduce the Bill of Materials
• CGD GaN transistors have been designed with the end-user in mind and can readily displace silicon
alternatives with little or no technical training
• With silicon as the substrate, CGD GaN transistors can benefit from low-cost manufacturing processes.